A shifting landscape
The Automobile sector is currently experiencing a series of simultaneous transformations that are fundamentally altering the very essence of the product, which becomes a service, as well as how it is designed, manufactured, and evolves over time.
- The emergence of the connected vehicle is creating a platform for innovative services to be developed and commercialized post-delivery, but also introduces new risks for both vehicle and driver
- The rapid growth of autonomous functions is revolutionizing the relationship between drivers and their vehicles, and triggers legal & infrastructure evolution challenges
- What once were hardware products are becoming software-driven systems requiring a centralization of architectures to be economically performant
- Environmental concerns and regulations are compelling all stakeholders to find innovative solutions to develop “Green” vehicles and the associated infrastructure to reduce emissions along the whole lifecycle
- Global supply-chain strategies are being deeply reconsidered to secure production, following major disruptive worldwide events
- Product renewal and evolution cycles are becoming shorter and shorter, markets are moving towards emerging countries where competition is fierce, and cost pressures on OEMs and suppliers are at an all-time high, leaving no room for error or delay in addressing these critical challenges
These massive challenges represent also great opportunities, as the industry is poised for significant growth in the years ahead, and as stakeholders invest in new technologies and services that will shape the future of transportation.
Taking The Turn
The automotive industry is at a crucial turning point, with the success of OEMs and other players in the sector hinging on their ability to drive an effective and sustainable transformation. At Mews Partners, we’re committed to supporting these leading actors as they navigate this complex landscape and prepare for what’s next.
With our extensive expertise and experience, we are dedicated to helping our clients answer the most pressing questions of the moment: How to adapt our structure and cultivate the skills needed to develop software-centric products with centralized architectures? How to implement & fully leverage digital continuity to develop faster and ensure full traceability? How to efficiently leverage our collected data to improve our products and services? How to develop products having a significantly lower environmental impact over the whole lifecycle?
We understand that the road ahead for the automotive industry is complex and constantly evolving. That’s why we see ourselves as more than just consultants, but as trusted copilots working alongside our clients to navigate challenges, identify opportunities, and chart a course for success.