The sector is undergoing a major transformation, driven by the increasing cost of energy and societal as well as regulatory pressures to reduce environmental impact. This applies throughout the value chain, from the farmer to the distributor, including the processing industry.
Agriculture & Agri-Food
Multiple and Sometimes Contradictory Challenges
The four main challenges are:
- Adapting to the growing societal and regulatory expectations regarding environmental impact: agronomic practices (inputs, HVE/CRC certification…), ingredient quality, product packaging, production tools, short supply chains…
- Reducing energy consumption, finding sustainable energy sources, striving for energy efficiency
- Ensuring product quality and adapting to regulatory requirements, all at a fair cost
- Leading change management and skill adaptation
Which Levers to Address These Challenges?
- Define and implement structured approaches to reduce energy consumption and environmental impact
- Innovate in product design and service development
- Ensure better data management, traceability, and continuity from suppliers to end consumers
- Accelerate digital transformation to gain efficiency
- Establish an agile and resilient supply chain
- Provide team support, mobilize, unite, and train