Weakened by competitors with cheaper energy sources and significant investments, the European chemical industry also faces environmental challenges related to its material flows, products, and factories. To address these challenges, it must innovate, invest, and enhance its entire value chain.
Developing green, decarbonized, and competitive chemistry
The four main challenges of the European process indsutries are:
- Innovate to develop “green” products and processes.
- Decarbonize across all scopes: factories and material flows while integrating suppliers.
- If necessary, invest in developing capacities in Europe (competitiveness, resilience, carbon footprint).
- Enhance skills and organizations to be more responsive and tackle new challenges.
Which Levers to Address These Challenges?
- Innovate in designing new products and manufacturing processes.
- Define and implement energy efficiency and environmental impact reduction master plans.
- Accelerate digital transformation to enhance process efficiency.
- Establish new organizational models to enhance competitiveness.